This product is only available upon request. Contact us for a quote.
The Cimetrics uBACstac saves man-years of development when your company needs to develop low volume or high volume BACnet-compliant applications that run on small devices with or without OS! BACstac with source code will provide you with example programs and reference ports to two hardware platforms.
Many Building Automation and Controls manufacturers use a Cimetrics uBACstac protocol stack because of our reputation for delivering high-quality software and excellent technical support. Cimetrics does the heavy lifting of testing the uBACstac on different hardware platforms and implementing the new Addenda approved by the BACnet Committee in a timely fashion. We keep our customers UP-TO-DATE with the latest BACnet features and make sure that the code is compatible with a growing number of hardware platforms.
- Provides a small footprint BACnet stack for small devices with or without OS.
- Implements state-of-the-art MS/TP protocol and BACnet/IP with Foreign Device support.
- Provides truly portable code—the same core uBACstac library, the portable MS/TP implementation and the example application run on all platforms unmodified, including bare-metal uC and embedded OSs.
- Supports a wide range of processors, from entry level 8-bit AVR to powerful 32-bit ARM7 and Cortex-M, or even more powerful.
- Makes it possible to implement a device conforming to B-AAC, B-ASC, B-SA and B-SS profiles.
- Provides the stack in source code form, with example program(s) and reference ports to a few hardware platforms, both with embedded OS and without OS. Also, for ease of application development, provides a port to Linux as an "instrumental" platform.
- Implements a modular design, with clean separation between platform-dependent and portable code. - Implements state-of-the-art MS/TP protocol and BACnet/IP with Foreign Device support. - Includes detailed documentation, including User's Guide and Porting Guide.
- Supports segmentation on receive and transmit. Supports initiation and execution of confirmed and unconfirmed requests.
- Implements full BACnet application server and client functionality, sufficient to implement a device matching B-AAC profile and more. Provided example supports the following services: RP/RPM/WP/WPM/Who-Is/Who-Has/DCC/ReinitializeDevice/EventNotification/AcknowledgeAlarm/GetEventInformation/TimeSync
- Provides highly configurable source code: unwanted features can be turned off, decreasing the executable footprint.
BACnet Building Blocks supported in the current example: DS-RP-B, DS-RPM-B, DS-WP-B, DS-WPM-B, DM-DDB-B, DM-DOB-A,B, DM-DCC-B, AE-N-I-B, AE-ACK-B, AE-INFO-B, SCHED-I-B, DM-TS-B, DM-UTC-B, DM-RD-B (it is also possible to implement other services and building blockse.g. COV/COVP/Add-remove list element/file transfer etc..)
BACnet objects types supported in the current example: Analog Input Object, Analog Output Object, Analog Value Object, Binary Input Object, Binary Output Object, Binary Value Object, Device, Multi-state Input, Notification Class, Calendar, Schedule. (it is possible to implement any other BACnet objects in your device)
BACstac Comparison Chart:
This is a BACnet protocol stack designed for the development of low and high volume BACnet-compliant devices with or without OS. It allows a simple, easy and quick way porting on a new hardware. You can make a device with B-AAC profile and more. Supports following device profiles: BSS, BSA, B-ASC, B-AAC.
Data links: BACnet/IP, MS/TP.
Support for Foreign Device operation in BACnet/IP Data Link.
Hardware platforms supported: Support for any platforms from 8 to 32 bit processor from 8MHz frequency and more. If you use hardware without OS it should have at least 32K program memory and 3KB RAM is sufficient. If you use hardware with OS then you need more memory. For MS/TP use you need EIA-485 transceiver. Also if you use hardware with OS for MS/TP then you need Real Time system. For BACnet/IP TCP/IP in OS is required.
Our example runs on these platforms:
1. ATmega2560 (Arduino Mega 2560 with DFRobot RS485 Shield) - 8 bit
2. ATmel ARM7 (AT91SAM7SE256-EK evaluation board), with and without FreeRTOS - 32 bit
Development environment supported: GNU toolchain (gcc, gnu Make). WinAVR for ATmega.
Code provided: Source code for all libraries (MS/TP and BACnet/IP datalinks, Transaction State Machines, ASN.1 encoders/decoders). Also a full-fledged BACnet device source code is provided as an example. All code is written in portable C language. Source code for different platforms is also provided (in C language).
BACnet Building Blocks supported in the example: DS-RP-B, DS-RPM-B, DS-WP-B, DS-WPM-B, DM-DDB-B, DM-DOB-A,B, DM-DCC-B, AE-N-I-B, AE-ACK-B, AE-INFO-B, SCHED-I-B, DM-TS-B, DM-UTC-B, DM-RD-B
Documentation provided: User's Guide, and Porting Guide
Support: first year included. $2500 thereafter
BACnet objects types supported in the supplied example Device implementation: Analog Input Object, Analog Output Object, Analog Value Object, Binary Input Object, Binary Output Object, Binary Value Object, Device, Multi-state Input, Notification Class, Calendar, Schedule. (it is possible to implement any other BACnet objects in your device)
You can create devices for the embedded systems including small footprint BACnet Devices and Application Specific Controllers and Advanced Application Controller, especially ones with MS/TP. You can also add BACnet support to existing products, including hardware platforms with OS and TCP/IP protocol. Different platforms have different memory requirements but the good rule of thumb is to have at least 40KB program memory (FLASH) and 4K RAM for uBACstac. Processor capacity depends on the platform too. E.g. ATMega (an 8-bit microprocessor running at 16MHz) is capable of supporting all standard MS/TP baud rates including 115200bps.
More than 150 manufacturers are registered members of the BACnet community. This group includes prestigious companies like Siemens, Honeywell, Secom, JVC, Trane, Eaton/Cutler Hammer, KMC Controls, LG Electronics, Priva, Loytec, Matsushita, Matrikon, Mitsubishi, Samsung, Trend, Wago, and many more.
ALL of these companies mentioned use the Cimetrics BACstac !
Our role in the industry is to keep these well known companies UP-TO-DATE with the latest BACnet features and to make sure that this code is compatible with the more and more hardware platforms.