The B3075 is a second-generation BACnet/IP to BACnet/IP router that enables BACnet communication between two physically separate IP networks (Private network and the Customer’s IT network).
It is designed to meet the requirements of demanding customers with a large number of BACnet/IP devices. The router includes new management, diagnostics, and remote message logging functionality that can be selectively enabled. Based on the Cimetrics BACstacTM, this standalone router can reliably process a high volume of network traffic.
- Three Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps ports:
- Two for BACnet routing and a dedicated port for configuration.
- Routes between 2 physically separate BACnet/IP networks (Private and Customer’s IT network)
- IT has no visibility or control over the devices on the Private network.
- The System Integrator assigns the IP addressing for Private networks.
- Only passes BACnet/IP traffic - Any BACnet application or tool
- Router does not pass IT traffic - Ping and Telnet are blocked.
- Simple web-based configuration using dedicated Ethernet port.
- BBMD can be enabled on one BACnet/IP interface.
- Supports up to 250 BACnet/IP devices on Private IP network/per box.
- Supports HTTPS communication for secure browser-based configuration.
- GSA configuration mode meets the requirements of the U.S. General Services Administration.
- Wireshark-compatible packet captures on both BACnet interfaces simultaneously.
- OpenVPN Community Edition support enables non-BACnet communication with devices on the “Private” Ethernet network from the “Customer” Ethernet network.
- Device configuration and diagnostics.
- Support Syslog client for remote message logging.
- Integrates with the Secured by CimetricsTM network management platform (see www.securedbycimetrics.com).
TYPICAL APPLICATION SCENARIOS
- Customer’s IT department cannot allocate enough IP addresses on the IT network for the BACnet/IP devices.
- Certain BACnet/IP devices should not reside on the same IP network with customer’s IT systems for technical or policy reasons.
- Third-party BACnet/IP building control devices can’t be configured (IP address, subnet mask) as required.
- Power Adapter Input Voltage: 100—240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 C
- Storage temperature: -30 to 50 C
- Power consumption: 12 VDC, 10W typical
- Dimensions: 15.8 x 16 x 2.5 cm
- Weight: 450 g:
- Ethernet Ports: (3) 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Approvals: FCC Class A, CE
- Two BACnet /IP Ethernet interfaces—Private LAN and Customer LAN
- BBMD and FD (Foreign Device) support on Customer LAN
- BACnet Protocol Revision 14
Deploy Your Network — BACnet/IP to BACnet/IP Routing:
Cimetrics BACnet/IP to BACnet/IP Router routes BACnet packets (and only BACnet packets) between two separate IP net-works. A typical deployment scenario is shown below, in which there are multiple IP networks containing BACnet-compliant devices that need to communicate with one another, and many of the BACnet devices are connected to one or more private IP networks utilizing private IP addresses.