A: Yes - you pay only once for an OPC Server.
Cimetrics also offers an OEM-customized version of this product. Click here for more information.
Cimetrics also offers an module version of this product. Click here for more information.
The B6130 provides a BACnet/IP interface for Modbus RTU and/or Modbus TCP devices. The B6130 configuration is done over Ethernet through onboard web pages of the product and can therefore be managed from a remote location. Configuration is simple and the device is up and running in minutes.
Mapping between Modbus registers and BACnet objects requires the creation of a template. An engineer who is familiar with the Modbus register map of the target Modbus devices creates a template for each device using a proprietary Windows tool, which has drop down menus for easy object name creation and engineering unit selection. An appropriate template is loaded into the B6130 during the configuration process.
This product features:
• BACnet/IP connectivity using 10/100 Ethernet
• Interfaces to 2 Modbus RTU/TCP devices
• Easy to use template builder Windows utility for mapping
• Build-in web server with secure login
• Status page for diagnostics
• Easy & informative naming convention
• BACnet Device Object support
• Multi-vendor Modbus device support
• Prococols - Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, TCP/IP, BACnet/IP
• Conforms to BACnet 2008 Standard
• Supports Foreign Device feature to connect to multiple foreign Networks connections
• Web browser configuration
• Connect to multiple foreign Networks
Operation and Environment:
• Adaptor Input Power: 100 to 240 VAC @ 10 W, 50/60 Hz
• Operating temperatures: 7 to 40C
• Dimensions: 5.0 x 5.9 x 1.2 inches
• Connections: Ethernet RJ45, modular screw terminal, DC power, standard RS485 three wire connections
• System LED: power LED and data LED
• BACnet/IP over Ethernet RJ45 standard
• IEEE 802.3 10/100 Mbps
• 10BaseT, 100BaseT, RJ45 connectors
• Half/Full duplex
• 100m (max) CAT5 cable length.
• RS485 three wire connections for Modbus RTU
• 10BaseT, 1 External Modbus TCP via shared Ethernet port
• Wall bracket kit
• DIN rail mounting kit
Most facilities which have a BACnet Building automation system also have a large number of Modbus devices which need to be attached to the BACnet network. To address that need, Cimetrics offers a range of templatized protocol converters , the latest of which is our B6130. The B6130 acts as a Modbus to BACnet interface - taking Modbus register data and exposing it to BACnet, just as Cimetrics’ B6030 device. It also includes sample templates from the range of known meters so there is often no need to spend time choosing what registers to expose from each device. In addition the B6130 allows the users to create their own loadable templates to map a Modbus RTU or Modbus TCP device into BACnet/IP. B6130 includes examples of some Modbus devices templates to give first time user best practices when choosing names, units and descriptions. All BACnet objects are meaningfully named and standardized for easier reading and integration into Building Automation Systems.
Configuration steps include using a Windows tool to create a template (the tool has drop down menus for easier name creation and choosing units), specifying a meter's IP address (if it is a TCP/IP meter), specifying the device’s Modbus ID, and loading a template created/supplied with the tool. The configuration can be saved to a .csv file for record keeping and data analysis.