This product is only available upon request. Contact us for a quote.
The Cimetrics BACstac/DN 1.10 saves man-years of development when your company needs to create a BACnet solution for Windows Microsoft .NET framework!
The BACnet standard is a 1000 page book that is a challenging assignment for even the most skilled computer programmers. There are concepts in the HVAC and BUILDINGS INFRASTRUCTURE world that are just not taught in computer school. These differences between BACnet and traditional IT protocols can lead to a significant learning curve when starting from scratch.
Our software team has created a set of BACnet libraries for Microsoft .NET framework which greatly simplifies the task of interfacing to BACnet. Even the largest companies in the HVAC industry use our code because it is a very complex and time consuming task keeping up with the ongoing changes that are taking place in the BACnet committees. For example, many hundreds of protocol modifications, requirements, and enhancements have taken place in just the past year!
And then there is Microsoft... everyone knows that the number of operating systems released by Microsoft has increased dramatically. If you sell applications that combine a PC using the Windows OS and BACnet then you will need to do extensive testing on Win XP, Vista, Win 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Server 2008 R2 and 32 bit vs. 64 bit! By purchasing the Cimetrics BACstac solution, we do the compatibility coding and testing! This typically saves man-years of software developer time EVERY YEAR!
BACstac Comparison Chart:
This is a BACnet/DN protocol stack designed for the development of BACnet-compliant Windows applications that run on the Microsoft .NET framework, including 32-bit and native 64-bit applications. It features a new API designed specifically for the development of managed code applications in Microsoft Visual Studio.
This release of BACstac/DN 1.10 supports all required functionality of BACnet 2016 (revision 19). It also supports most optional functionality except Virtual Terminal services (Clause 17) and Network Security (Clause 24).
This release has added support of the following addenda:
* Addendum 135-2012ay (Timer Object type)
* Addendum 135-2012at (Interface_Value Property)
* Addendum 135-2012aw (new Event and Fault algorithms)
* Addendum 135-2012am (Extend some data types and structures)
* Addendum 135-2012ba (Semantic Tags, etc)
BACstac/DN is designed to facilitate the development of BACnet-compliant operator workstations and operator displays -B-OWS, B-XAWS, B-AWS, B-OWS, B-OD, B-ALSWS, B-LSWS, B-LSAP, B-AACWS, B-ACWS, B-ACSD, B-BC, B-AAC, B ASC, B-SA, B-SS, B-ALSC, B-LSC, B-AACC, B-ACC, B-BBMD, B-ACDC, and B-ACCR profiles.
Data links: BACnet/IP with Foreign Device and BBMD support, BACnet/Ethernet using the WinPCap driver.
BACnet routing: Not supported.
Operating systems supported: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012/R2, Windows 10; 32 bit and 64 bit.
Development environment supported: Microsoft Visual 2008 or later.
Code provided: Dynamic-link library (DLL), the BACstac service (a Windows service), and example programs (provided as source code written in C#)
Supported services: ReadProperty, ReadPropertyMultiple, WriteProperty, WritePropertyMultiple, ReadRange, Device Communication Control, Time Synchronization, UTC Time Synchronization, ReinitializeDevice, AddListElement, RemoveListElement, CreateObject, DeleteObject, SubscribeCOV, SubscribeCOVProperty, ConfirmedCOVNotification, ConfirmedCOVNotificationMultiple, ConfirmedEventNotification, UnconfirmedCOVNotification, UnconfirmedCOVNotificationMultiple, SubscribeCOVPropertyMultiple, I-Am, I-Have, Who-Has, Who-Is, AcknowledgeAlarm, GetAlarmSummary, GetEnrollmentSummary, GetEventInformation, LifeSafetyOperation, ConfirmedPrivateTransfer, UnconfirmedEventNotification. UnconfirmedPrivateTransfer, ConfirmedTextMessage, UnconfirmedTextMessage, WriteGroup
Documentation provided: User's Guide and Programmers Reference.
If you would like a version with source code, please consider the following product: B1080 BACnet/DN software for Windows Microsoft .NET framework (source code).
* The following BACnet object types are supported in V.1.10: AccessCredential, AccessDoor, AccessPoint, AccessRights, AccessUser, AccessZone, Accumulator, AlertEnrollment, AnalogInput, AnalogOutput, AnalogValue, Averaging, BinaryInput, BinaryOutput, BinaryValue, BinaryLightingOutput, BitStringValue, Calendar, Channel, CharStringValue, Command, CredentialDataInput, DatePatternValue, DateValue, DatetimePatternValue, DatetimeValue, Device, ElevatorGroup, Escalator, EventEnrollment, EventLog, File, GlobalGroup, Group, IntegerValue, LargeAnalogValue, LifeSafetyPoint, LifeSafetyZone, Lift, LightingOutput, LoadControl, Loop, MultiStateInput, MultiStateOutput, MultiStateValue, NetworkPort, NetworkSecurity, NotificationClass, NotificationForwarder, OctetStringValue, PositiveIntegerValue, Program, PulseConverter, Schedule, StructuredView, Timer, TimePatternValue, TimeValue, TrendLog, TrendLogMultiple.
More than 150 manufacturers are registered members of the BACnet community. This group includes prestigious companies like Siemens, Honeywell, Secom, JVC, Trane, KMC Controls, LG Electronics, Priva, Loytec, Matsushita, Matrikon, Mitsubishi, Samsung, Sauter, Trend, Wago, and many more.
ALL of these companies mentioned using the Cimetrics BACstac!
Our role in the industry is to keep these well-known companies UP-TO-DATE with the latest BACnet features and to make sure that this code is compatible with the ENDLESS Windows changes.