The Cimetrics BACstac (BACnet protocol stack) saves man-years of development when your company needs to create a BACnet solution for Linux OS.
Implementation of the BACnet standard is a challenging assignment for even the most skilled computer programmers. The differences between BACnet and traditional IT protocols can lead to a significant learning curve when starting from scratch.
Our software team has created a set of BACnet libraries which greatly simplify the task of creating BACnet-compliant products. Even the largest companies in the HVAC industry use our code because it is a very complex and time-consuming task keeping up with the ongoing changes that are taking place in the BACnet standard. Numerous BACstac-based products are now BTL listed.
BACstac Comparison Chart:
This is a BACnet protocol stack, a BACnet development kit designed for the creation of BACnet-compliant applications, a wide range of BACnet devices on a vast variety of hardware platforms, from supercomputers to embedded and single-board systems. It supports BACnet routing functionality and the creation of multi-device gateways.
BACstac 7.2 supports all required functionality of BACnet 2016 (protocol revision 19) for all BACnet profiles. Most optional functionality of BACnet 2016 is also supported with the following exceptions:
- Network Security (Chapter 24).
- Support of IPv6 (ANNEX U).
- Virtual Terminal services.
- Slave Proxy functionality.
- Extended MS/TP Frames (Addendum 135-2012an).
Supports following profiles: B-XAWS, B-AWS, B-OWS, B-OD, B-ALSWS, B-LSWS, B-LSAP, B-AACWS, B-ACWS, B-ACSD, B-BC, B-AAC, B-ASC, B-SA, B-SS, B-ALSC, B-LSC, B-AACC, B-ACC, B-RTR, B-GW, BBBMD, B-ACDC, and B-ACCR.
Data links: BACnet/IP with Foreign Device and BBMD support, Ethernet (IEEE 802.3), PTP.
BACnet routing: This product supports BACnet routing functionality and the creation of multi-device gateways.
Operating system requirements: Linux 2.6 with GCC 4.1 or later.
Ready packages: Debian 8, Debian 9, Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 (x86 32 and 64 bits), for the other systems you can build from the source package.
Code provided: Example programs, unit tests, makefiles for both, and complete C-language source code.
Documentation provided: User's Guide and Programmers Reference.
Customers that want to develop a BACnet-compliant device that will run on Microsoft Windows should also consider the B1091 BACnet Software for Windows (source code).
* NOTE: BACstac v7.2 supports all BACnet 2016 object types: Analog Input, Analog Output, Analog Value, Averaging, Binary Input, Binary Output, Binary Value, Calendar, Command, Device, Escalator Group, Elevator-Group, Event Enrollment, File, Group, Life Safety Point, Life Safety Zone, Lift, Loop, Multi-state Input, Multi-state Output, Multi-state Value, Notification Class, Program, Pulse Converter, Schedule, Trend Log, Access Door, Event Log, Load Control, Structured View, Trend Log Multiple, Access Point, Access Zone, Access User, Access Rights, Access Credential, Credential Data Input, CharacterString Value, DateTime Value, Large Analog Value, BitString Value, OctetString Value, Time Value, Integer Value, Positive Integer Value, Date Value, DateTime Pattern Value, Time Pattern Value, Date Pattern Value, Network Security, Global Group, Notification Forwarder, Alert Enrollment, Channel, Lighting Output, Binary Lighting Output, Network Port, Elevator Group, Lift, Escalator, Accumulator, Network Security, Timer.
More than 1000 manufacturers are registered members of the BACnet community. This group includes prestigious companies like Siemens, Honeywell, Secom, JVC, Trane, KMC Controls, LG Electronics, Priva, Loytec, Matsushita, Matrikon, Mitsubishi, Samsung, Sauter, Trend, Wago, and many more.
ALL of these companies mentioned using the Cimetrics BACstac!
Use the BACstac to create BACnet-compliant products for HVAC control, lighting control, physical access control and alarm systems.
The following documents are available to customers upon request:
Programmers Reference for all versions