The SbC Firewall/Router connects nonsecure BACnet/IP network segments to secure BACnet/SC networks without compromising performance, reliability or security.
SbC Firewall/Routers are fully compliant BACnet network layer routers, with additional capabilities to monitor and enforce policy on the BACnet traffic passing between network segments.
- Three Ethernet ports: two for BACnet routing and a dedicated port for configuration.
- Monitoring and blocking of BACnet messages passing through the Firewall/Router, as defined in the industry-consensus SbC Manufacturers’ Guide.
- Wireshark-compatible packet captures on both BACnet interfaces simultaneously.
- Support for OpenVPN Community Edition enables non-BACnet communication with devices on the “Private” Ethernet network from the “Customer” Ethernet network.
- Syslog client for remote message logging.
- The RTC can be synchronized with an NTP server.
- Supports HTTPS communication for secure browser-based configuration.
- Integrates with the Secured by CimetricsTM network management platform (see www.securedbycimetrics.com).
Benefits of Cimetrics BACnet/SC to BACnet/IP Firewall/Router beyond BACnet network connectivity:
- Devices on nonsecure network segments cannot com-promise the security of BACnet/SC network segments.
- BAS operators can be alerted to unexpected traffic due to misconfiguration or malicious actors.
- Policy-based monitoring provides valuable visibility into the BAS system for IT network and security operations teams via syslog.
- Power Adapter Input Voltage: 100—240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 C
- Storage temperature: -30 to 50 C
- Power consumption: 12 VDC, 10W typical
- Dimensions: 15.8 x 16 x 2.5 cm
- Weight: 450 g:
- Ethernet Ports: (3) 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Approvals: FCC Class A, CE
- Router Enclosure: Metal
- BACnet/SC and BACnet/IP Ethernet interfaces:
- BBMD and FD (Foreign Device) support
- BACnet Protocol Revision 14
Deploy Your Network with Secured By Cimetrics:
Cimetrics BACnet/SC to BACnet/IP Firewall/Routers routes BACnet packets (and only BACnet packets) between BACnet/SC and BACnet/IP networks. A Secured by Cimetrics Appliance (SbC4000) monitors the network and the Firewall/Routers to detect and diagnose network and security issues. A typical deployment scenario is shown below, where SbC Firewall/Routers monitor and enforce policy on BACnet messages flowing between /Sc and /IP network segments.