This product is only available upon request. Contact us for a quote.
The Cimetrics BACstac saves “man-years” of development when your company needs to create a BACnet solution!
The BACnet standard is more than 1300 page book that is a challenging assignment for even the most skilled computer programmers. There are concepts in the HVAC and BUILDINGS INFRASTRUCTURE world that are just not taught in computer school. These differences between BACnet and traditional IT protocols can lead to a significant learning curve when starting from scratch.
Our software team has created a set of BACnet libraries when greatly simplify the task of interfacing to BACnet. Even the largest companies in the HVAC industry use our code because it is a very complex and time-consuming task keeping up with the ongoing changes that are taking place in the BACnet committees. For example, many hundreds of protocol modifications, requirements, and enhancements have taken place in just the past year!
And then there is Microsoft... everyone knows that the number of operating systems released by Microsoft has increased dramatically. If you sell applications that combine a PC using the Windows OS and BACnet then you will need to do extensive testing on Microsoft Windows - we have tested on all OS's Windows 7 and later: 32 bit and 64 bit! By purchasing the Cimetrics BACstac solution, we do the compatibility coding and testing! This typically saves man-years of software developer time EVERY YEAR!
BACstac Comparison Chart:
This is a BACnet protocol stack designed for the development of BACnet-compliant applications that run on Microsoft Windows native 64-bit applications.
BACstac 7.5 supports all required functionality of BACnet 2016 (protocol revision 19) for all BACnet profiles. Support of IPv6 (ANNEX U).
New! Support of the BACnet Secure Connect (BACnet/SC) data link.
Most optional functionality of BACnet 2016 is also supported with the following exceptions:
- Network Security (Chapter 24)*.
- Virtual Terminal services.
- Slave Proxy functionality.
- BACnet/WS (ANNEX N).
* Network Security has been removed in BACnet 2020
This release has added a simplified configuration of B/IP and B/IPv6 with BDT.
Supports following profiles: B-XAWS, B-AWS, B-OWS, B-OD, B-ALSWS, B-LSWS, B-LSAP, B-AACWS, B-ACWS, B-ACSD, B-BC, B-AAC, B-ASC, B-SA, B-SS, B-ALSC, B-LSC, B-AACC, B-ACC, B-RTR, B-GW, B-BBMD, B-ACDC, and B-ACCR.
Data links: BACnet/IP with Foreign Device and BBMD support, BACnet/SC, BACnet/IPv6 with Foreign Device and BBMD support BACnet/Ethernet using the WinPCap driver.
BACnet routing: This product cannot be used to create a BACnet router or a multi-device gateway.
Operating systems supported: Windows 7 and later.
Development environment supported: Microsoft Visual C++ (or equivalent).
BACnet services supported: All BACnet Standard 2016 application services except Virtual Terminal Services.
Code provided: Static libraries (LIBs), the BACstac service (a Windows service), and example programs (C/C++ source code).
Documentation provided: Installation Guide, User's Guide, and Programmers Reference.
Important note: A specific USB dongle is required to run the software. One dongle is included, and additional dongles can be purchased from Cimetrics. For medium- and high-volume applications, B1060 BACnet Software for Windows might be more appropriate.
Customers who want to develop a simple BACnet interface for a low-volume application should also consider the following product: B1050 BACnet Software for Projects.
* NOTE: BACstac v7.5 supports all BACnet 2016 object types: Analog Input, Analog Output, Analog Value, Averaging, Binary Input, Binary Output, Binary Value, Calendar, Command, Device, Event Enrollment, File, Group, Life Safety Point, Life Safety Zone, Loop, Multi-state Input, Multi-state Output, Multi-state Value, Notification Class, Program, Pulse Converter, Schedule, Trend Log, Access Door, Event Log, Load Control, Structured View, Trend Log Multiple, Access Point, Access Zone, Access User, Access Rights, Access Credential, Credential Data Input, CharacterString Value, DateTime Value, Large Analog Value, BitString Value, OctetString Value, Time Value, Integer Value, Positive Integer Value, Date Value, DateTime Pattern Value, Time Pattern Value, Date Pattern Value, Network Security, Global Group, Notification Forwarder, Alert Enrollment, Channel, Lighting Output, Binary Lighting Output, Network Port, Timer, Elevator Group, Lift, Escalator, Accumulator.
More than 150 manufacturers are registered members of the BACnet community. This group includes prestigious companies like Siemens, Honeywell, Secom, JVC, Trane, KMC Controls, LG Electronics, Priva, Loytec, Matsushita, Matrikon, Mitsubishi, Samsung, Sauter, Trend, Wago, and many more.
ALL of these companies mentioned using the Cimetrics BACstac!
Our role in the industry is to keep these well-known companies UP-TO-DATE with the latest BACnet features and to make sure that this code is compatible with the ENDLESS Windows changes.
The following documents are available to customers upon request:
Programmers Reference for all versions